17 January 2008

Snow in North Alabama

It actually snowed in North Alabama yesterday, and this is indeed a topic for news around here. Out in Limestone County, we got to see the snowfall, but that was it. My friend who lives in Marshall County (greater metropolitan Arab for those with maps handy), even had enough stick to take a picture of. http://smpctryphys.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/falleth/
My friends from the northern states find it humorous that I was 45 or so before I even knew such a thing as a snow shovel existed, but truth is truth. I didn't figure you needed a special tool to shovel the stuff out of your way, but I was told I was wrong. I was also told that my idea of getting rid of snow: getting something warm to drink, wrap up in a blanket, read a book, and wait for the snow to melt was a good idea, but not a reality where there is "real snowfall". I'll stick with the southern version of snowfall.

No comments: