30 March 2008

Norma's Retirement Bonus

Well, I have always loved boating, but did not like the bass boat that Allen has had for years. I came down to the fish camp with him this year and decided that what I wanted was a boat that both of us could enjoy, figured up the bonus money and the result was a Kenner Vision 1800, with a Suzuki 115 4-stroke motor, shown in the pictures. (Of course, I have a Lowrance 520c iGPS on it!) We've had it two days and we're both thrilled with it. Drives great, ride is even better. Both of us can stand up at the same time. We can take it down to Gulf Shores/Pensacola with us. The pictures were taken from our camp site and you can see Big Bear Creek through the woods.
The better Allen feels, the more I'm enjoying retirement. So far, I highly recommend it - retirement that is.
We are planning an Alaska trip in July if the doctor's release Allen for it and I see no reason they won't. We won't haul the boat, but expect to have a wonderful time. One of my friends that also just retired had everything mapped out on Google Earth (and since his son loves Wendy's, I know where every Wendy's in the US is I believe :-) )
Mostly wanted everyone to know we're still alive and well, having a great time, and if you don't hear from me much, it is because of limited bandwidth.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: